Our client is one of the world’s leading providers of gaming solutions. They’re licensed in 240 gaming jurisdictions and operate in 90 countries around the world, with a team of over 3500 employees who deliver outstanding results by pushing the boundaries of innovation, creativity and technology.
The Senior Engineering Manager oversees directly/indirectly multiple teams of Software/Systems Engineers working in a disciplined Agile product development environment. Based on organizational/business needs, the Senior Engineering Manager may also oversee and mentor managers who in turn are responsible for teams of Software/Systems Engineers, and other product engineering design/development/support roles.
The Senior Engineering Manager works with senior management to develop strategic technical goals based on alignment with the Product Roadmap. This position mentors and coaches individual employees as well as supports development teams by removing impediments to meet schedule and quality, while reducing unplanned distractions.
The Senior Engineering Manager will also develop and/or contribute to an annual budget collaboratively with senior management. She/he will take responsibility for timely delivery and high quality engineering of products developed by her/his teams.
What you'll do
- Leads recruitment and hiring of new team members and manager(s) with active involvement from the existing team members and peers
- Fosters a collaborative and self-managing environment through coaching and mentoring of employees
- Provides employee career development on an as needed basis
- Plans training and skill development for employees
- Provides performance evaluations for employees
- Removes impediments which teams are not able to resolve on their own
- Help protect teams from distractions
- Works closely with peers and stakeholders in Engineering, Program Management, Compliance and Product Management Teams to help remove roadblocks and ensure deliverability of highest quality products
- Collaborates with Aristocrat Engineering and Product Management to anticipate new tools or skills needed by teams
- Ensures disciplined engineering design and development practices are followed by the team members for high quality product releases
- Stays up to date with industry and company technologies and products
- Contributes to Engineering department’s technical vision and goals and ensures these goals are in strategic alignment with the product roadmap
- Initiates, fosters, and maintains positive working relationships with internal and external development organizations in an agile environment
What we're looking for
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering with 12+ years relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Casino gaming industry experience preferred
- 10+ years of Technical Development experience
- 3+ years of experience working in an Agile environment.
- 7+ years of management/leadership experience in a technical environment
- A strong understanding of the various models of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), technical requirements and project management
- Strong experience in developing distributed, multi-tier systems, having participated as a technical lead or architect in several major product release cycles
- Strong hands-on experience followed by managing systems/software development teams using Windows/Linux Embedded and/or Server platforms, C++, C#/.NET or Java
- Experience in managing systems/software development in a distributed architecture using Web-services, Windows Server technologies, and relational databases
- Hands-on experience with RTOS, driver development
- Hands-on architecture/design skills and experience leading team of architects
- Unity 3D, Flash or similar game development platform experience
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented analysis and design, design patterns and UML modeling
- Background in Web 3.0 technologies and/or big data technologies is a plus
- Experience with virtualization/data center technologies is a plus
- Ability to coach and mentor team members including managers
- Collaborate with the Product Management to ensure the technical vision aligns with the product vision
- Ability to quickly understand current technology and regulatory requirements of the casino gaming industry
- Ability to anticipate new skill and tool needs based on the product and technical roadmaps