Our client is the industry-leading, cloud web and mobile testing platform that enables developers to
test their websites and apps on different operating systems and mobile devices.
We’re hiring for a Senior Software Engineer with a backend focus to join our growing team. On a day to day basis, you might:
- Work on our API, improving the codebase by adding features, fixing bugs and expanding test coverage.
- (Ruby on Rails)
- Learn or level up with new tools and languages.
- Contribute to architectural and UI/UX decisions as part of a highly-collaborative team.
- Discuss balancing new features with efficiency, performance and scalability. We are proud to have low
- technical debt due to this balance.
- Meet with team members around the globe.
- Communicate your progress and blockers.
- Squash bugs together!
- Provide feedback and reflection through code reviews and retrospectives.
You might also:
- Use Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, and Terraform to maintain and improve our application
- Use Datadog, Honeycomb, and Sentry to monitor and debug production issues.
- Maintain and improve our Go-based networking proxy.
- We want people who know that software engineering is not just about the code we write, but about the process by which we get there. You should value iteration and exploring the trade-offs of different solutions, and be able to explain the trade-offs to others. You should value both driving consensus as well as moving projects forward.
- Technical skills are “necessary but not sufficient” — we strongly value empathy and communication with
- others on the team and with our customers.
Our process is strongly pro-developer. Developers on our team have clear objectives for success, but
also have lots of autonomy to achieve these objectives.
You might be our team’s missing puzzle piece if:
- You can communicate in a friendly and professional manner. People you talk to feel important and heard.
- You have enough years of experience in Ruby/Python/Go to go most days without needing mentorship.
- You can hit the ground running with Ruby on Rails, either because you have plenty of experience building with it before or because you’ve used a comparable web framework for many years.
- You have experience managing a cluster of containers with Kubernetes or similar.
- You have a proven ability to learn new skills on the job as they come up, and you love learning so you relish the opportunity.
- You’re able to self-manage and communicate your progress to others.
Non-necessary bonus points:
You have an in-depth networking background.
You’ve configured and run continuous integration systems.
100% covered health insurance premiums.
Flexible vacation policy.
Laptop provided, and if remote we’ll contribute up to $500 toward your home office setup.
Competitive salary, bonus and equity program.