Our client is a personalized health and benefits solution that dramatically improves the experience, outcomes and cost of healthcare for employers, health plans and their members and has been recognized as one of the nation’s 25 most promising companies by Forbes, a fastest-growing private healthcare company by Inc. 5000, and is consistently rated a Top Workplace across the country.
The Software Engineer III is responsible for building and supporting our next generation of ETLT, big data, and machine learning based anomaly detection tools. As a developer on our data ingestion team you will be creating and enhancing products that provide customers a way to quickly and conveniently on-board customer data in a secure and scalable way with high data quality.
A day in the life…
- Work with a small agile team to design and develop ETLT, Big Data, and machine learning implementations.
- Develop tools that allow teams to configure high performance, highly scalable ETLT pipelines using Apache Spark, Python, and AWS EMR.
- Use machine learning to implement near real time anomaly detection against data as it flow through our platform.
- Develop Java and Node based micro-services and lambdas as part of the Accolade Cloud Platform.
- Contribute to engineering best practices and help shape the future of our big data and technologies.
- Support internal customers of our ETLT and customer configuration tooling including researching and validating detected anomalies, failed pipelines, and monitor alarms.
- Interface with our internal users and product team to gather requirements and feedback.
What we are looking for…
- Minimum of 4 years of experience designing and building Big Data and ETLT products using cloud native solutions.
- You are a Python, Apache Spark, and SQL expert.
- Production experience building out scalable, secure, and performant ETLT pipelines.
- Production experience with cloud native Big Data.
- Experience with AWS and AWS EMR is a plus.
- Preferred experience with: Java, Machine Learning, Anomaly Detection, AWS: Lambda, S3, SQS, SNS, DynamoDB.
- Desire and willingness to work in an Agile, collaborative, innovative, flexible, and team-oriented environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
What is important to us
Creating an enduring company that is hyper-focused on our culture and making a meaningful impact in the lives of our employees, members and customers. The secret to our success is:
- We find joy and purpose in serving others
- Making a difference in our members’ and customers’ lives is what we do. Even when it’s hard, we do the right thing for the right reasons.
- We are strong individually and together, we’re powerful
- Trusting in our colleagues and embracing their different backgrounds and experiences enable us to solve tough problems in creative ways, having fun along the way.
- We roll up our sleeves and get stuff done
- Results motivate us. And we aren't afraid of the hard work or tough decisions needed to get us there.
- We’re boldly and relentlessly reinventing healthcare
- We're curious and act big -- not afraid to knock down barriers or take calculated risks to change the world, one person at a time.