As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and verifying software tools to help automate different types of analysis for the rocket. Near-term efforts include development of system safety software tools.
This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to create analytical tools to support the design, control and diagnostics of a spacecraft
Create and maintain software tools to support system engineering analyses that impact critical system performance. Examples include redundancy and reliability safety analysis, spacecraft budgets such as mass, power, ΔV.
Define and develop tools to help requirements development and requirements verification.
Establish and adhere to software build and documentation best practices.
Collaborating in tool development including infrastructure to support build, debugging, and deployment
- Passion for our mission: Millions of people living and working in space!
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast paced, dynamic work environment
- Minimum of a B.S. degree in computer engineering, computer science, electrical engineering, mathematics, physics, aerospace, or related field
- Strong software development skills in strongly typed languages (C#, Java, etc)
- Strong software scripting skills particularly in Python
- Experience working with RESTful APIs
- Experience in standing up new databases
- Experience providing solutions for a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with git
- Experience with microservices
- Experience with CI/CD (preferably Jenkins)
- Experience in working with structured file types and systems
- Experience with front end (React preferred)
- Experience designing robust APIs and interfaces
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services
- Experience with aerospace systems
- Experience with Safety Analysis such as Fault Tree Analysis (FTA)
- Proficiency in Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) best practices