Exciting space exploration engineering company in South Puget Sound area is seeking to hire an experienced Software Engineer. In this role, you will develop software, tools, and infrastructure in support of avionics software systems on rocket engines. You will share in the team’s impact on all aspects of avionics software development and functional testing. Ideal candidates should have deep software engineering and infrastructure experience and familiarity with embedded software.
The company celebrates strong collaboration, unique and innovative solutions, and passion for success. We are searching for open-minded, high-judgement, enthusiastic candidates looking to join our diverse, team-based environment. The right personality will be a proactive, service-oriented individual with excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
* Work with internal and external stakeholders to define requirements, dependencies, and schedule needs associated with delivering systems
* Design, development, and integration of software to support avionics hardware functional verification
* Support functional checkout of systems under test and provide training to test and operations personnel
* Support review and analysis of data from test operations
* Develop tooling up and down the stack from high-level to embedded software
* Automate and test everything, make it fast, and make it scale
* Continuously improve our internal infrastructure, tools, and processes
* Integrate commercial, open-source, and custom solutions across our platform
* Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of engineers to develop tools and workflows supporting advanced spaceflight systems
* Challenge why things are done a certain way and figure out ways to make things better
* Design, code, test and deploy new features and systems using CI/CD best practices
* Provide operational support for the team's production systems as needed
* Minimum of a B.S. degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, or related field.
* 4+ years of software development experience
* Experience developing software in C and C++
* Experience developing software in Python
* Experience with Linux, Ansible, Docker, Jenkins, compiler toolchains, makefiles, bash scripts
* Experience with git and online github/gitlab CI services
* Comfortable and adept working in a Linux environment
* Basic knowledge of packaging archives such as .deb and .rpm package archives
* Working knowledge of Configuration Management concepts such as GIT workflows, versioning, branching
* Experience with unit testing and test driven development
* Strong data analysis skills and the ability to create automated data analysis routines
* Passion for working at the boundary of software and hardware
* Desire to work hands-on, both independently and as part of a team, throughout the development, review, deployment, and support phases of the software product lifecycle.
* Good written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
* Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
* Experience working a scrum/agile based workflow
* Experience developing software in Rust and Java
* Experience working with LabVIEW
* Experience with Kubernetes
* Knowledge of requirements-based, safety critical software development processes (e.g. DO-178C)
* Working knowledge of communications, TCP/IP and other protocols, packet formats and serialization
* Experiencing debugging embedded software with test equipment