Exciting space exploration engineering company in Kent, WA is seeking to hire a Full Stack Developer. As part of a dedicated team of system, data and software engineers on the Engineering Data Systems & Architecture team, you will contribute to the development of infrastructure and tools to manage foundational, configuration-controlled data for various spaceflight systems, including System Health Assurance of new space vehicle. In this role, you will be a highly engrained member of an experienced team that is building an internal data platform whose users are the very people developing, operating and maintaining space vehicle. This platform brings together data in a highly connected way and provides tools to users to make use of this data in an intuitive and efficient manner while maintaining the highest data integrity possible. As a full-stack developer, you will be expected to contribute to all aspects of this platform. As such, you should be comfortable working in and contributing to a microservice architecture that makes use of modern data, cloud and web technologies.
To be successful in this role, you must be fully capable of working autonomously while staying tightly aligned with the team and the teams’ goals. You should be a strong, proactive communicator and be willing to share your input and viewpoints regularly. Additionally, you must already have engrained in your habits modern best practices for collaborative software development (clean code, documentation, git, etc.). We need someone who can deliver impactful results when provided a set of requirements and to collaborate with the team and customers to refine the understanding of those requirements as necessary.
This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight. The right personality will be a proactive, service-oriented individual with excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
• 5+ years of experience as a full-stack developer
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in and contribute to a microservice architecture
• Experience with Spring Boot • Mastery of modern software best practices (clean code, concise documentation, git, etc.)
• Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to a culture of inclusion
• Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
• 3+ years of hands-on experience building data systems on a microservice architecture
• 3+ years of hands-on experience developing frontends with ReactJS specifically
• Experience building web-based data display and manipulation tools
• Experience with Material UI and material-table
• Experience with AWS, Docker, Kubernetes
• Experience with NoSQL (ElasticSearch, DynamoDB)
• Experience working in a fast paced, high-performance team