Our client is a leading provider of flooring to the multifamily and commercial industries.
We are looking for a talented accounting manager to perform critical corporate financial reporting and general human resources responsibilities including payroll & benefit administration. The perfect candidate will be a self-motivated individual with high professional standards who will ensure that all work product complies with all policies and GAAP principles. They will exhibit exceptional leadership qualities and show an attention to detail necessary to ensure accurate reporting in all areas, and will always be looking for the next opportunity for growth within the organization.
- Oversee Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable activities to ensure accurate and timely payments, billing, and collections.
- Perform month-end closing activities including general ledger maintenance, bank and balance sheet reconciliation, and corporate/ overhead cost allocations.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements, and provide variance analysis.
- Assist with cash flow planning including cash and asset management.
- Prepare census filings and state/ municipal sales tax returns.
- Assist with inventory audits and adjustments.
- Lead yearend review process with accounting firm.
- Train and mentor accounting staff.
- Ensure adherence to financial policies, procedures, and internal controls.
- Perform human resources functions including risk management, maintaining employee records, onboarding, offboarding, and benefits enrollment.
- Process bi-weekly payroll.
- Advise on employee policy issues such as working conditions, equal opportunities, pay, promotions, benefits, and bonus structures.
- Document policies, procedures, internal controls, and workflow for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Prepare bank borrowing certificates as needed.
- Serve as liaison and facilitate engagements/ renewals with insurance brokers, bankers, law firms, and benefits administrators.
- Assist with contract negotiations including those with lenders, landlords, clients, and vendors.
- Remain current on accounting and human resources best practices and regulations.
- All other strategic duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience working in accounting field preferred.
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Knowledge of Statutory accounting principles.
- Experience with computerized ledger systems.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Tableau experience a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively handle simultaneous priorities and deadlines.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Exhibited adaptability, flexibility, and ability to problem solve independently.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with different levels of employees in a diverse team.
- Team player dedicated to improving results, with energy, confidence, passion, and an uncompromising focus on quality.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
Professional development assistance