We are seeking a Tech Manager who is excited about creating innovative solutions to make life effortless for our customers! The kind of people we are looking for want to build optimized routing systems to efficiently deliver to our customers, create an end to end shopping experience that will delight our customers, devise warehouse management systems that enable us to always fulfill our customers’ needs, or design mobile and web applications that are joyful to use.
Your primary responsibilities will be to lead your team, deliver business results, and write your own code. The right candidate will have the technical aptitude to drive good technology choices through collaboration with empowered teams. Success in this role will be measured by the effectiveness of the team and delivery of your own development work. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about delivering consistently great experiences within our growing engineering team.
● Innovate, scale, and manage the development of key systems
● Lead a team of engineers to build quality software that works at scale
● Partner with product management and business to develop the product scope,
features and timeline for development solutions that are based on business
needs and market opportunity
● Recruit world-class engineers
● Build, deploy, and maintain your own code
● Support standard development practices across multiple teams, including
idiomatic syntax, design patterns, and Test driven development
● Implement and Monitor analytics to ensure the correctness of the business
● Promote and support culture of inclusion and diversity
● 8+ years engineering experience with a proven track record as an engineer building scalable publicly facing web sites preferably in start-up environments or early stage companies.
● People management expertise, with experience managing groups of 5+ engineers in a fast paced environment.
● Strong collaboration skills and ability to work with Product Managers, Engineering and Business Partners at all stages of the product life-cycle.
● Experience conducting code reviews; leading technical discussions, designing/architecting solutions
● An in-depth and hands on knowledge of data structures, algorithms and modern web and/or cloud technologies
● Demonstrated success working in and promoting a rapidly changing, collaborative, and iterative product development environment.
● Interpersonal skills and ability to facilitate communication within and between engineering teams.
● Bachelor degree in Computer Science (or related field)
● Experience with message based, async processing
● Experience with microservices and /or distributed systems
● Experience with a variety of web services (ex: REST and HTTP cache-semantics)
● Public cloud experience in a production setting (Azure preferred)