We’ve got our eyes peeled for an experienced Senior Engineer who wants to work in the Emerald City on our products. Creating flawless next-generation photo editing and graphic design experiences makes us happy, makes you happy, and most importantly, makes our users happy.
Our team designs, builds and runs highly available APIs at scale, using mostly Go, Python, and Node.js. We are responsible for managing CDN, routing, caching, TLS and other HTTP concerns, along with implementing automated monitoring and troubleshooting site reliability problems. We handle data modeling for SQL and Redis datastores, as well as creating and running ETL and CI/CD pipelines.
Responsibilities may include:
• Gathering requirements with other engineers and product designers
• Architecting solutions to meet our business goals
• Developing, extending, and scaling backend services to support our suite of design tools
• Prototyping and developing graphics processing tools
• Optimizing our build, integration and deployment pipelines
Skills & Experience
• You must be able to manage yourself. If left to your own devices, you will produce great results.
• You are a great teammate and people want to work with you.
• You possess excellent communication skills.
• You have earned a BA/BS degree in Computer Science (or a related field) and 5+ years of relevant experience.
• You have familiarity with configuring and running applications in at least one major cloud provider (Google Cloud Platform is a plus).
• You have experience writing APIs and other backend components in a modern programming language (Go is a plus).
• You know SQL and NoSQL databases, storage, networking, git, CI/CD and concurrency.