Our client is a high-growth, Seattle-based startup that is building the next generation of health media. Our digital brands provide best-in-class services that bridge the gap between information and action across a variety of industries, including sleep, telehealth, and at-home testing.
We are looking for an experienced Controller who is ready to roll up their sleeves and build with us. This role reports into the CFO, and will be remote through 2021.
About the Role
As an early member of the Finance team, you will be integral in defining and scaling our finance & accounting processes. You will oversee all accounting, tax, and payroll functions, and be a key financial leader as we scale our business and enter new verticals. The successful candidate will be an experienced startup leader, who is energized by the opportunity to build an efficient & compliant infrastructure capable of scaling with the rapid growth of the business.
What You'll Do
- Architect and scale rigorous accounting processes, systems, and controls across existing business lines & new verticals
- Manage all aspects of accounting operations, including financial reporting, receivables, payables, payroll, tax, and audit
- Partner with senior leadership in financial planning, management and Board reporting, and ad hoc analyses
- Plan and ensure all aspects of financial compliance with GAAP; federal, state, and local tax requirements; and internal financial policies and procedures
- Work closely with external tax advisors and auditors to meet all financial requirements
What We Are Looking For
- Public accounting experience with a Big 4 public accounting firm strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting; active CPA strongly preferred
- 7+ years of progressive accounting experience, including leading internal and external teams
- High-growth start-up experience required; e-commerce experience a plus!
- In-depth knowledge of GAAP
- Direct working experience with Quickbooks and Netsuite
- Advanced spreadsheet and communication skills
- A willingness to get your hands dirty -- you enjoy a scrappy, entrepreneurial environment where everyone pitches in to get the job done
Who We Are
- We’re a small but rapidly growing company with a driven but casual culture
- We’re able to problem solve creatively while keeping our focus on the important aspects of the business
- We’re flexible and can roll with changes as we pursue our goals
- We’re open to new ideas while also verbalizing our own perspectives