The Sr. Data Scientist will use statistical and machine learning techniques to better understand how customers engage with web and mobile e-commerce platforms and use that information to better allocate Marketing resources. You will be joining an existing team to work on topics right at the heart of Marketing’s mission:
- recommending the time, manner, and message for engaging with our customers,
- building solutions to optimize return on marketing spend,
- predicting the long-term value of new customers,
- creating insights to feed the development of personas,
- discovering meaningful trends within our customer base
For these projects and more, you’ll work with key stakeholders to crisply define business questions, success criteria, and deployment plans. You’ll use reproducible research techniques to create analytical data sets, conduct exploratory data analysis, select and engineer features, train, tune, and evaluate candidate models, distill and present findings, and create cloud-ready production and reference implementations.
We are looking for a data science professional who is eager to dive into big data to solve problems within a complex marketing machine using a wide range of modeling and quantitative techniques. We are looking for someone who is comfortable querying, cleansing, and processing data as well as building up stable operationalized solutions in a cloud-based environment. We are looking for a capable business professional who can produce practical solutions that their business stakeholders can put to use to drive results. We are looking for an innovative thinker who is excited to use data to tell the story of the customer.
Essential Job Functions
- Build and deliver end-to-end solutions in a Marketing context based on machine learning, statistics, and data science.
- Work with key business stakeholders to crisply define business questions, success criteria, prioritization, expected impact, and deployment plans.
- Identify, track, and resolve data issues, working in partnership with Business Intelligence Engineers to ensure data is accurate, complete, delivered on-time and supports the needs of the business.
- Proven ability to prototype, optimize, validate, manage, operate, and update machine learning and statistical models
- Advanced degree (preferably PhD) or comparable research experience in a Computer Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, or a related technical discipline
- 5+ years relevant experience in data science, machine learning, statistics, or applied mathematics.
- Strong communication skills including the ability to describe complex models and findings to different audiences and stakeholders, from deep science peers to business decision-makers.
- Working knowledge of Python-based machine learning frameworks and the data and computation management mechanisms that surround them in a cloud setting (AWS, Google Cloud).
- Experience at the Linux command line and with shell scripting
- Strong bias for action and ability to pivot quickly and act with agility according to the needs of the business