The FLOW difference can be seen in our people. With industry leading technologists, manufacturing experts, and skilled service professionals, FLOW team members listen to our customers to anticipate their needs and deliver technical know-how that transforms our customers’ visions into reality.
What it’s Like to Work Here.
We are a team of technology enthusiasts who pride ourselves on constantly raising the industry bar. Our world is fast paced and customer focused. With principles, performance and an authentic passion for results deeply rooted in our daily interactions. We strive to create a trust-based environment where driving results and positive attitudes coexist. We are friendly, respectful, and motivated to deliver strong performance in everything we do.
Flexible work schedule can be a hybrid of in office and remote.
What We Offer.
In addition to training and career advancement opportunities, we offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), paid time off, life insurance, paid disability insurances, education reimbursement and more.
Responsible for designing, developing, testing and documenting new software products for the industrial cutting machine market. Technical project leader responsible for driving the technical aspect of projects through the use of standard processes and tools. Able to resolve complex system level issues, define subsystem/module boundaries & interfaces and select best-in-class software technologies and/or platforms to employ.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
· Designs, modifies, develops and documents new and/or existing software products to meet customer and market requirements in a standard product (OEM) environment.
· Develops new features and critical updates for existing software while also working on new, next-generation product development.
· Works with product management and the engineering management team to execute the software product vision and strategy for Flow's standard product line. Analyze software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
· Reviews, approves and develops system software architecture designs and ensures compliance with vision, strategy, standards and direction.
· Communicates and works with other engineering groups across the organization to ensure that software requests are properly implemented.
· Defines and maintains software interfaces, the limits of those interfaces, and how they relate to customer experience and overall system performance.
· Oversees software development and takes responsibility for deliverables by 3rd-party technical partners and/or contractors.
· Works with key customers, Subject Matter Expert team and Field Service Engineers to understand future technical requirements of overall systems.
· Mentors and trains other software engineers on existing software architecture and detailed-level code structure.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Working knowledge in various engineering disciplines (software, electrical and mechanical) with the ability to co-design with electro-mechanical partner teams on hardware/software interfaces.
· Expert level (5+ years exp.) developer in Microsoft Visual Studio, Visual C++, C#, .NET including CLI, DLL's, COM, OpenGL, STL and UML
· Highly experienced in Microsoft Azure DevOps for collaboration, bug-tracking, testing and deployment in a fast-paced standard product environment.
· Experienced in design and operation of industry-standard CAD/CAM (2D and 3D) systems.
· Skilled in advanced, applied mathematics.
· Experienced in robot kinematics with ability to define and implement real-time kinematic control solutions including both forward and inverse kinematic solutions for general wrist designs.
· Expert-level knowledge of Omron CK3E (formerly Delta Tau Power PMAC) motion control platform or similar multi-axis industrial motion controller. Demonstrable experience implementing software applications for coordinated motion control over EtherCAT or other realtime industrial ethernet network.
· Skilled in design and integration of human-machine interface (HMI) applications for robotics and/or industrial machine tools, including PC-based, CNC-based and embedded control systems.
· Demonstrated passion for, and awareness of state-of-the-art programming trends, techniques and new or alternative programming languages.
· Analytical ability to solve architectural problems without breaking a sustainable system architecture.
· Able to reduce very complex problems or concepts into easy-to-understand diagrams for presentation to senior management.
· Exhibits expert informal leadership skills.
· Able to travel on short notice, to lend technical support.
· Lower-level software engineering associates, as assigned on specific projects. Facilitate teamwork among the technical experts across the company.
Education and/or Training:
· Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (BSCS), Mechatronics, or other Engineering discipline and minimum of 8 years related experience or
· Master of Science in Computer Science (MSCS) or other Engineering discipline and minimum of 5 years related experience.