Our client is an industry leader in sales and service of Material Handling Equipment and related products, covering all of North & South Carolina and Georgia.
The Senior Accountant will be based in Charlotte, NC with the ability to travel occasionally to Greensboro, NC.
Key Job Duties include:
- Responsibility for maintaining general ledger including journal entries, reconciliation of primary cash accounts and daily revenue reports, expense variance analysis, and other key financial duties.
- Prepares monthly financial statements including balance sheets, income statements, gross margin analysis and profit and loss statements.
- Provides accounting expertise and guidance to other accounting team members for internal and external financial accounting procedures and their application.
- Acts as a liaison between the company, government and external auditors to meet information needs and to ensure records are maintained for historical purposes.
- Assists in the coordination of the external audit and annual report preparation processes.
- Partners with management in preparation of annual budgets, updates, and strategic plans.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in accounting, finance, or related field.
- Five plus years of accounting experience required.
- Extensive knowledge of general financial accounting principles.
- Problem Solving and Analytical Skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Sharepoint, Microsoft Dynamics 365, and Microsoft Office Suite or similar software, specifically Excel and Outlook. Equipsoft experience beneficial.
Why Choose Us?
- 401(k) plan includes a 100% company match up to the first 6% of savings
- Medical Insurance - HSA and PPO options
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short and Long-term Disability - No cost to you!
- Life Insurance - company paid with option to purchase more
- Critical Illness Benefit
- Flexible Hours with the opportunity for overtime