Our client is an impact developer that is focused on raising the standard of living for low- and moderate-income Americans, is seeking an experienced Accounting Manager to lead day-to-day accounting operations. This individual must be able to function effectively in a dynamic environment with little supervision and be enthusiastic about joining a rapidly growing, mission-driven company.
- Analyze and review financial information, reconcile bank accounts and financial statements, prepare journal entries, and assist with budgets.
- Drive the month-end close and year-end close process, including the preparation of financial reporting packages, variance analysis, executive summaries, budgets, bank reconciliations, and journal entries.
- Develop, implement, and maintain accounting controls, policies, and practices to enhance the department's workflow and ensure adherence to established standards and procedures.
- Liaise, coordinate and prepare documentation for the FYE financial audit.
- Collaborate with property managers and regional managers to ensure timely and accurate pre-close activities are recorded.
- Proactively follow up with asset managers and regional managers regarding property financial statement questions.
- Ensure all debt/funding/financial statement deadlines are met.
- May also be responsible for preparing and analyzing financial statements and internal reports for assigned entities in accordance with the closing calendar (Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Equity Summary, and Cash Flow Statement).
What You Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- At least 3 years of real estate experience; CPA license is preferred.
- 5 years accounting experience with a strong knowledge of GAAP.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency at an advanced level in MS Office Suite, encompassing Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel; familiarity with RealPage is advantageous.
- Prior experience in direct management is necessary.
- Strong ethics and integrity.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary range: $125,000-$150,000 DOE.
- Incentive bonuses based on individual and organizational performance.
- Top tier health, dental, and vision benefits.
- Life and disability insurance.
- 401(k) with matching.
- Paid Time Off.