Our client is an impact developer that is focused on raising the standard of living for low- and moderate-income Americans, is seeking an experienced Director of Asset Management who will oversee asset management activities of the organization. The ideal candidate will be a proven leader with experience leading asset management teams through significant periods of high growth, improving property operating performance, and managing LIHTC and HUD multifamily housing. This individual must be able to function effectively in a multifaceted role in a dynamic environment with little supervision and be passionate about joining a rapidly growing, mission-driven organization.
- Develop and oversee the Asset Management strategy/plan that enables the team to scale alongside and in partnership with other teams in the organization and external partners.
- Lead, empower, develop, and support the asset management team; provide direction and manage to desired outcomes. Set expectations and create an environment for the team to do its best work.
- Collaborate with peers, particularly on the acquisitions and development teams, early and often throughout the development lifecycle to ensure optimal outcomes at property stabilization and beyond.
- Identify and pursue process improvements that will enable the team and Redwood to be successful.
- Refine and implement team goals and priorities to maximize the long-term health of the portfolio and drive superior financial performance.
- Manage relationships with third-party management agent leadership to meet goals, build annual budgets, and oversee capital assessments and improvements.
- Oversee portfolio and individual property performance, review financial statements, prepare quarterly forecasts and generate reports for senior leadership.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with key external stakeholders; participate in community outreach.
- Oversee property and portfolio compliance requirements and ensure 100% compliance and that deadlines are consistently met.
- Partner with legal and risk management team to establish best practices and the accounting/finance team to ensure accurate financial management and forecasts.
- Regularly visit properties to evaluate performance.
What You Bring:
- Bachelor’s and advanced degree with a concentration in real estate, finance, or business.
- At least 10 years of experience in affordable multifamily housing.
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative skills with knowledge of real estate accounting principles.
- Excellent judgment, attention to detail, relationship management, and problem-solving
- abilities; demonstrated ability to earn credibility and influence opinion leaders.
- Creative, innovative, problem-solving mindset and track record of implementing new ideas and improvements.
- Big-picture, forward-looking perspectives to enable our team and company to scale.
- Highly collaborative spirit and way of working; active engagement.
- Outstanding time management and organizational skills with an ability to multi-task, prioritize work, manage multiple deadlines, and track deliverables in a fast-paced environment.
- High-energy team player that is a self-starter that can work proactively with limited supervision.
- Effective presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong ethics and integrity.